BOOK COACHING | SPOONIELIFE COACHING
Are you looking for personal guidance in your journey as a writer or spoonie? Then I invite you to look around my site to see if I am the right coach for you! x Sandra
For the sci-fi and fantasy writer who desires a deep understanding of their story before they start writing. More info.
Would you like to receive my newsletter with weekly book and spoonielife coaching? Sign up and receive a free copy of my guide ‘How To Be A Writer When You Have A Chronic Illness’!
& My Coaching
As a book coach who focuses on mindset as well as story, I help people like you, who struggle with writing their novel while dealing with their illness or disability.
I founded Your Story Mentor in 2021 and subsequently trained with Author Accelerator to become a certified book coach. I received my official certification in early 2022. Ever since, I have been helping people develop their speculative fiction stories and change their mindset around being a spoonie writer.
“I have had so much fun working with Sandra! She has given me so much more confidence! I’m one of those people who says: ‘Why would someone want to read this?!’ But now I see I am a writer!”
— Erin Tharp writer
“My experience was excellent. Sandra is so engaging and warm. She’s a wonderful cheerleader and coach for your book. She asks the kind of questions that make you evaluate where you’re headed with the plot. Afterwards I felt much more focused. I had a plan moving forward.”
—Nicole P. writer
“I feel that [Sandra’s newsletters are] so powerfully expressed, and I would love to know that as many writers as possible had access to her words, and by extension, to her.”
— Wendy Kennar writer
I am the right book coach for you if…
- …you feel a little (or a lot!) insecure about your writing
- …you lack the confidence to talk about or share your ideas
- …you even struggle to call yourself a writer
- …you want to dive further into your story idea and really find the heart of it
- …your values and beliefs are important to you
- …you are part of the LGBTQIA community, or are an active ally
- …you believe that Black lives matter
- …you are a spoonie and struggle with mental health issues, such as anxiety or depression
- …you are invested in your story and in wanting to be a better writer
- …you value kindness, empathy and honesty
I know the feeling of not seeing yourself in the culture and art you consume. It feels as if your story doesn’t matter.
It also shows us the immense power storytelling can have when such voices do get to tell their stories.
I see the impact it has on people’s confidence to be able to tell their story in a safe setting. In turn their stories have a direct impact on others.
All our voices deserve to be heard. We all deserve to feel seen. YOUR novel deserves a place in the world too!