My One-On-One Writing Programs
Would you love to write a speculative fiction (fantasy/sci-fi) book?
Do you have a story idea you want to expand, but have trouble with? Or do you have doubts about your story or your own abilities? Feel insecure? Unseen? Scared? Unsure what exactly you want to say with your book, but excited about your idea and unable to let it go? Are you drafting but would you like someone in your corner, who understands what you want to say with your book and helps you during the difficult moments?
Would you like a 1:1 coaching program set in an environment where you feel safe to discuss ideas and the personal experiences they might be based on, where your mental and physical situation is always taken into account and your coach understands the extra challenges you may face on a daily basis and in your writing?
Are you ready to invest in your journey as a storyteller and writer, and in your story?
Answered any or all with YES? Then check out my 1:1 coaching services below and email me if you are ready to dive into your story with me!
START YOUR STORY: from story idea to novel outline
Are you unsure about your story idea? Struggling to start writing? Wondering what it is that you really want to say with your story? Would you like a professional sounding board to help you develop your story idea? Then this 1:1 story mentoring package is for you!
WHAT YOU GET: During our 3 or 6 months together I will help you explore your own wishes and hopes for your writing and your story, and discover what story you exactly want to tell, and how.
Whether you simply ‘want to write something meaningful’ or already have a story idea that needs exploring further, this personally tailored package is for you!
- Personal coaching tailored to your situation
- Intro video call to talk about you, your writing hopes, goals, strengths and struggles, and about your story idea, if you have one
- Biweekly deadlines (or longer, depending on your situation) of exercises where you explore your own writing and book idea based on Jennie Nash’s Blueprint for a Book, in which I am trained and certified
- Biweekly (or longer and if possible) in-depth video calls about the exercises, feedback and your wishes, goals and next steps in your writing journey
- Option to be repeated for another 3 or 6 months until you are ready to start writing!
By the end you will have:
- A story outline, whether consisting of the basic elements or a full foundation for a novel, dependent on where you are when we first meet
- Clarity on who you are as a writer and what your hopes and wishes are for your writing journey
- Confidence in your story idea and feel that your voice and your story are important no matter your background and situation
- Clear next steps in your writing journey
Your investment (incl. VAT) from 1 January 2023: 6 monthly payments of €635 (non-negotiable) / exchange rate.
Spots currently open: waiting list (possibly a new opening from March)
WRITE YOUR STORY: from story outline to finished manuscript
As spoonies, we don’t get to decide when our battery is full or when we are in possession of spoons. This can make being coached live rather stressful, because you are never sure if you are able to meet at the organised time – and as a fellow spoonie the same counts for me!
So what if you are a spoonie and still want to write your fantasy or sci-fi story with support from a book coach?
I created a drafting program for exactly such a situation!
In this mentorship program, you get access to my coaching throughout the working week, between 9AM and 5PM GMT. We communicate through Voxer, a free app (also now available through your browser) in which we can share text messages, voice recordings and even videos.
Feeling discouraged? Have a story problem? Hesitant about where your plot is going? Need to brainstorm about a character? About your opening and closing scenes? Feel frustrated because your symptoms are getting in the way of your writing? Feeling sad because others can write whenever they want and you have to wait for new spoons to appear in your drawer?
I’m here to help, support and coach you through all these writing and spoonie struggles! You reach out to me when an issue arises for you and with my two decades of life as a spoonie and my training as a book coach I help you cope with all of these feelings and struggles.
You will write at your own pace without having to worry about deadlines (unless you want them!) or scheduled meetings (unless you want one!). Your pace is your pace! No pressure, no extra stress. I’ll simply be there to coach you when you need me! And I will check in with you inbetween regularly to see how things are going for you in your writing journey.
What you can expect:
- Someone who is fully in your corner as you write
- A sounding board about the writing life as a spoonie
- Being kept on track
- Deep support in your writing journey by a certified book coach and expert fellow spoonie of 20+ years for…
- Motivational issues
- Writer’s block
- Doubt and insecurities
- Times when symptoms keep you from doing any writing and you feel frustrated
- When ‘writing rules’ keep you from feeling like a writer
Through this program you will get to…
- Embrace your identity as a writer
- Feel so much more confident as a spoonie
- Gain the tools to battle motivational issues and writer’s block
As a trained book coach I help you write your story. You will get:
- Someone to stand by you during your writing journey who fully understands the story you want to write and helps you stay on course
- Being a sounding board for your ideas so you get a good sense of what works – and what doesn’t
- Getting you unstuck by offering new insights into yourself and your story
- Helping you plot your story
- Keeping you on track
Through working with me you will:
- Feel more confident about your storytelling skills
- Understand how ‘story’ works
- Know how to plot
- Feel more confident about your own story
- Have the writing tools to battle writer’s block
Important note: as we are both spoonies, we never expect, let alone demand, instant replies, because we understand that we both have our illnesses to contend with and that they are fickle. However, I as your mentor will respond as soon as I am able to, which – bad flares and pre-determined days off aside – will be within 24hrs during the workweek, but often quicker than that.
Spots currently available: 1
Investment (includes VAT): €875 per month for 3 consecutive months (exchange rates apply) – can be extended by another 3 or 6 months. (However, note that the fee may have risen in the meantime.)
Note: this program is not for editing or proofreading purposes, so I do not offer support for grammar or spelling, or read along while you draft except where relevant to a story problem you may have.
Also know that every decision about your book is yours; I shall merely teach storytelling and suggest ideas for yours, like the coach of an athlete prepares his athletes for a race, but doesn’t race themselves!
What I don’t offer:
- Teaching basic writing skills, such as formatting, grammar, tense, point of view, etc.
- Editorial services, such as formatting and spelling and grammar checks.
- Pitching packages.
- Any kind of promise of agent or publishing deals. My coaching is focused on personal growth as a writer; not on getting published per sé – though it would be a wonderful outcome!